Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm going to analyze somebody's rhetoric

http://nieniedialogues.com/

For some reason, the I can't find the post's actual link... oh well. It's the one from Monday January 19, 2009.

rhetorical situation:
writer: Stephanie Nielson -- popular mommy blogger, who has recently undergone dramatic changes in her life
audience: young mothers with young children, older mothers, women in general
issue: even though life is different and very difficult, she still has to be a mom, and she still loves it

Answering some rhetorical questions.. (ha!)
1) She's trying to show that even though she has many trials, she still feels blessed in her life
2) She uses a lot of emotional and logical appeal. Her audience really appeals to the emotional struggle and hard times in her life, and logically it makes perfect sense. She has gone through a very hard time, and she is still loving her life.
3)Her techniques make the audience feel that if she can live her life, they can live their lives without the trials she has.
4) She needs her audience to feel this so that she can feel like her life is not only precious to her family, but thousands of people around the world as well. It gives her purpose to keep going day after day, and inspiring others.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog post. Cant wait for the analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Stephanie is so inspiring. I remember watching a while ago the movie about the accident she was in, and it made me cry seeing what she's gone through, but yet how much she's accomplished and her attitude about everything since that experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cami,

    This post sounds like it will work well, although I'd like you to find the link and put it on here so I can see the actual post itself (you can just copy the URL and paste it to the link function in the "compose" page--if you're unsure what I'm talking about, talk to me before/after class or during my office hours). Also, you didn't really mention any specific rhetorical tools the author uses in the questions you answered--you only spoke of broader effects whatever the author is doing has on the audience. You need to get into a lot more specifics.

    Overall looking good so far--get the link up asap please.

    -cbh

    ReplyDelete